Sunday, May 17, 2009

Busy Week - Random Pictures

This is our last week of school and we've been very busy building up to it. So, this week's post is small bits of our week and random pictures.

Last Sunday was Mother's Day and I got spoiled! I got 13 long stem roses (one for each year Kal's put up with me). The kids had a large assortment of homemade cards. Kaleb even set up a display with signs and a cup that used to have Oreos. I thought it was very considerate of him to eat the Oreos for me since I've been trying to cut back on sugar. Kalvan made super yummy whole wheat waffles with strawberry puree and sugar-free whipped cream (oops, that was his first time making whipped cream and he didn't know you have to add sugar). For our dinner he made fabulous chicken kabobs. They were so good and best of all, I did none of the work!


I think Karter wants to be a photographer when he grows up. On a regular basis I'll turn to see him pointing the camera at me and yelling at me to smile. Then, he demands that I take a picture of him. Of course that sounds easy until you figure in that he's a moving target. He never holds still for a picture. He wants an action shot.


On Monday, Kaleb had his second piano recital. He did a really good job. Cub Scout Day Camp started on wednesday and went through Saturday. It's amazing all they accomplish at those camps. They did everything from archery, crafts and sports to cooking, carpentry and bicycling. The toughest part was that it was at least 90 degrees the whole time. Fortunately
, the stake leaders are wise and make kick ball into slip and slide kick ball. Water is an essential element of outdoor activities here in the desert.


Backing up, we have to mention that Sage started piano lessons on May 6th. She's super excited and we can't get her to do much other than "practice" even though what she's playing has nothing to do with her lesson or the music in front of her. We're hoping her enthusiasm will continue and sooner or later she'll see the necessity of practicing the actual lesson.

1 comment:

* said...

Love the update (even though I talked to you just earlier today)!! Yummm, the chicken kabobs look so yummy! Glad the Scout camp went well! And kudos to Kaleb on the recital. We love Beth!