This weekend we had the priviledge of having 24 hours away from home, kids, callings, responsibilities, and work. We have some fantastic friends who volunteered to take our kids for 24 hours so we could have a little time to ourselves. I was so excited to get off on this little adventure, I was actually giddy when I came home from work Friday after having the worst day on record. I never would have guessed I could be in such a good mood after a day like that one.

Anyway, Friday afternoon we took off for a little Bed and Breakfast in St. George, UT called
Ava House Inn. It was adorable! From the guest book we learned they even have a ghost! I can't say we saw anything though, bummer. It was a great get away, we did nothing. You heard right, we did nothing. We didn't go out to eat, we didn't take in a show, nothing. It was wonderful to get a whole 9 hours of sleep and not be woken up at 6:30am

by a thirsty 3 year old! By noon on Saturday we decided we'd go to the temple and visit Kal's childhood best friend. The most responsible thing we did was come back and get our kids only an hour late. Thanks so much Ben and Terresa for taking our kids!
3 comments:
Let's do that again soon!!!
Glad you had a sweet getaway! Looks like a lovely B&B.
Let's make this 24 hr kid swap thing a regular occurance, hmmm? ;)
It was great to see you! Hope your 24 hours off (or was that 25?)left you feeling refreshed. :)
Post a Comment