Saturday, July 11, 2009

California Fun!!!

I love summer!!! I love that Kal and the kids are out of school, the sunshine, swimming, and even the smell of sunblock. We had a fantastic vacation in Sacramento where we caught up with Kalvan's family. The kids were thrilled to see cousins they hadn't seen in a long time and meet some they didn't remember or hadn't met before. A large portion of our trip was spent getting ready for

or camping. We camped for 3 nights at Lake Clementine. In Kal's family you don't just drive out to a camp ground and go camping. They load up the ski boats and head off to a lake. It's genius I tell you, pure genius. Lake Clementine is a beautiful lake on the the American River not far from Auburn, CA. We spent 4 days in the sun water skiing and catching up with family and friends.


While we were out camping we celebrated Kalvan's birthday. It seems we are always on vacation for his birthday, but it's been a long time since he was able to spend a birthday with so much of his family. Happy birthday honey, you're so good looking!




It was exciting to get to go to a BBQ where a large majority of Kal's High school/ward friends had a little reunion! If only all kids could grow up with such a fun group.














For the 4th of July we decided to take it easy and let the kids recover from the colds they caught while we were out on the lake. After a long nap Sage, Karter and I took a little trip out to visit Katie's thorough bred horse Honey (Katie is Kal's niece). Sage was in heaven and much to my surprise Karter felt up to riding too. Thanks so much Katie for letting us visit your beautiful horse! Sage can't stop talking about it.


Of course we couldn't get through a 4th of July without fireworks. At the last minute we ran to a stand and bought a few sparklers and little fire crackers. The kids had a great time!
See our photo albums by clicking the images above.

3 comments:

kira said...

looks like so much fun! amazing job on the water ski-ing pics!!! :)

* said...

What a fun summer! The horse back riding looks so fun and those chocolate (of course!) cupcakes...mmmmm.

Charla and Jarom said...

Hey Miki! I don't know why I'm just finding out you have a blog?! I'm so glad you commented on mine :) I just cannot even believe how big your kids have gotten. It's been so long since we've seen you guys! When's your next trip to AZ???? :)