Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Dawning of an Era...

And an expensive one at that. Kaleb is venturing into the exciting world of orthodontics. Just after new years he we had an expander put into his mouth to help make room for the much larger permanent teeth coming in. Of course we don't have pictures of that since we don't think you'd appreciate a picture of the roof of Kaleb's mouth. But yesterday morning Kaleb got braces put on his front 4 teeth and 2 molars. At first he was very excited and liked what they look like. In his words, "they don't hurt at all". As luck would have it, the kids bi-annual dental cleaning and check up fell on the same day in the afternoon. By the time we got to the dentist his teeth were sore and he wasn't impressed at all with the cleaning. Today he says the braces are bad and good. Good because he still likes the new look and bad because they're still sore. I'm a little worried that we might have to do this again with two more kids. Of course anyone who knew me as a teenager knows I had braces for over 2 years and multiple oral surgeries to get the smile you see today. My kids definately come by it honestly and since Kal's never had braces there's no doubting who's genetics created the mess.

4 comments:

Kira said...

Congratulations! He looks awesome!!! :) My teeth sucked & still do ... no doubt which way it will swing in our house either ... and I try to always remind Ryan of that any time he "thinks" we should have a couple more ...

Susan said...

Wow! It makes him look so much older. I can't beleive he has braces all ready. I know we're not too far off! Our kids are doomed!

I keep telling them the stake president will be one of their very good friends very soon.

Good luck to Kaleb, tell him he looks very handsome!

Kale said...

You have got to be kidding me isn't he to young! Who let my nephew grow up without me RUDE!!! Miss you guys.

Carissa said...

Oh the joy. All three of my kids will be headed that direction someday too, no thanks to Russell, not me. I never had braces, but Russell had years of surgeries, and retainers, and braces.