Wednesday, January 7, 2009

There's a blog in my throat!

Technology is my friend! Is everybody you know blogging yet? It is a great way to keep up with family, friends, and the latest news. But with so many people blogging these days, it seems daunting to keep up with everyone now. It's hard having so many friends, I know! You have so many blogs bookmarked, you have to set aside precious time to visit each one only to feel disappointed to find that most the blogs you follow have nothing new posted! Sound familiar?

If you haven't heard about Google Reader, it can help! All blogs have "feeds" that allow Google Reader (for one) to receive new posts as they happen. Here's an excellent 1 minute YouTube video by CommonCraft explaining what Google Reader is in plain english: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSPZ2Uu_X3Y

Just login to your Google account, go to Google Reader, click Add a Subscription, paste in the URL of the blog, and away you go. Now when it's time to catch up on my blogs, I log into Google Reader and let the new posts come to me. I can organize them, filter them, and Reader will keep track of which one's I have and haven't read. It's easy, saves me time, and best of all, I don't have to listen to everyone's annoying playlist songs as I catch up. I mean, how many time should I have to hear Rascal Flats in a day anyway?

Give it a try and let me know if you have any questions...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - you don't check my blog! At least it's not listed on yours!

the supportive husband said...

Well, at least your tunes list doesn't have Rascal Flats. I...I will subscribe!