OK this one snuck up on me. No matter how long I'm a mother each of Kaleb's birthdays feel so surreal. He just can't be 11 already. In a week and a half we'll be taking him to our wards priesthood preview. Since when did they start giving the priesthood to little boys? In some moments I look at him and he takes my breath away. When and how did he get so dang grown up? Kalvan keeps reminding me it's my fault for feeding him. Which by the way is another shock. This boy puts away almost twice what I can eat. I still remember the days when I couldn't get Kaleb to eat more than a handful of animal crackers and nearly half a gallon of milk on a given day. Yes, I know the milk is what kept him alive. He was such a picky eater. I remember him learning to get past the baby locks and drinking lavender baby bath just days before his first birthday and teaching his cousin Baylee how to swirl her hand in the toilet. Where has my little fella gone? I remember him falling asleep with his head on my chest because he ran so hard he just fell over. I remember all the Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Kaleb's 11th Birthday
OK this one snuck up on me. No matter how long I'm a mother each of Kaleb's birthdays feel so surreal. He just can't be 11 already. In a week and a half we'll be taking him to our wards priesthood preview. Since when did they start giving the priesthood to little boys? In some moments I look at him and he takes my breath away. When and how did he get so dang grown up? Kalvan keeps reminding me it's my fault for feeding him. Which by the way is another shock. This boy puts away almost twice what I can eat. I still remember the days when I couldn't get Kaleb to eat more than a handful of animal crackers and nearly half a gallon of milk on a given day. Yes, I know the milk is what kept him alive. He was such a picky eater. I remember him learning to get past the baby locks and drinking lavender baby bath just days before his first birthday and teaching his cousin Baylee how to swirl her hand in the toilet. Where has my little fella gone? I remember him falling asleep with his head on my chest because he ran so hard he just fell over. I remember all the
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
OH, my word. Really?!! I remember just a few years ago (it seems but it's more like 10 1/2), I was staying at your house and it was the morning I was going to enter the MTC. I slept in Caleb's room and he woke up and just stared at me. I remember snapping a couple pics of your cute little smiley guy. Oh! Time flies. What an awesome kid!
Love, bree
How did you get so lucky? Well, I have a couple of ideas! ;)
Great post!
This is such a sweet post! I can't believe he's 11 either! Wow!
Post a Comment