Sunday, July 4, 2010

Life with Karter


Have you ever had those moments when you knew you weren’t in the right place to laugh your heart out and yet you couldn’t help yourself? We had one of those experiences today. We were in a very spiritual, heartfelt testimony meeting. The children of the ward were doing such a fantastic job of being reverent. Shay was in my lap content with her pacifier. Kaleb and Sage were sitting at the other end of the bench with Kalvan. In between us Karter was fiddling with his shoe laces. In an instant Karter did a perfect roll right off the bench. He wasn’t hurt, but it only took a second to realize he couldn’t get up. He had gotten both hands stuck in both loops of his right shoe lace. He was lying on his left side looking up at us with a stunned “what the heck?” look on his face. At that moment I would have given anything to have a camera and I would have used it right there in the middle of sacrament meeting. Karter has done some pretty amazing stunts over the years, but I’ve never seen him so totally incapacitated. While trying to stifle a laugh, it took Kalvan at least a full minute to get Karter’s trapped hands out of his shoe laces. Poor Shay was bouncing up and down against my belly as I tried really hard not to laugh out loud. Our whole family was rolling with silent laughter and tears rolling down our cheeks. Life would be so dull without Karter.

2 comments:

Ken Snyder said...

Maybe Karter could teach Keaton? We would love it if Keaton was incapacitated during Sacrament Meeting!

Susan said...

Thanks for the great story! Wish I'd been there to see it. I love watching all the little toddlers during sacrament meeting.