Hello all!
I've been very bad about updating our blog. Since school started we've done so much and there's so much to share. I'll start with Karter's birthday. Karter turned 4 this year! As most children he was so excited to get on with the birthday festivities he didn't even change out of his pajamas before opening his gifts. It still seems crazy to me that he could be so big already!
The Saturday following his birthday we held his friend party. We had so much fun eating cake, playing with an AHA parachute and opening presents. The only planned activity was the parachute which I borrowed from our school. It wasn't Karter's favorite since he ran smack into a larger child under the parachute right off the bat. The rest of us had a great time right up until the spriklers came on. I'll have to remember to turn those off next time. 


Karter was so happy to spend some time with all his adorable friends.
Three days after Karter's birthday we celebrated my birthday. It was great!!! I was pampered, fed, loved and got new shoes! My funny hubby even wore colors that matched my new skirt and shoes to church the day after my birthday.
As promised here are my adorable kids in uniform. This picture was taken on Constitution Night at American Heritage.
Each class at American Heritage is asked to create a "class constitution". The kids get to give their input on what they want in their constitution. Each year in mid-September the school does Constitution Night so each child in each class has the opportunity to come up and sign their class constitution in front of parents, friends and teachers (there's no backing out of the constitution after everyone you know has seen you sign it). This year our guest speaker was David Holland (Jeffrey R. Holland's son). He's a history professor at UNLV and a constitution guru. I didn't get many pictures of the kids signing since I had to stand at the Kinder-school table and help my students sign.
That brings us to October. We had a Kinder-school field trip to the ONLY orchard in the Las Vegas Valley. It's called Gillcrease Orchard. The kids were so dang cute. Most were dressed up in their western best. They had the opportunity to pick apples from the trees and select a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch. We had a great time and everyone (including me) were ready
for naps when we got back to the school. Unfortunately a few of my kids couldn't make it so not all are in the picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment