Monday, June 8, 2009

Long time comin'

Yes, it has been a long time coming! Anyone who has spent more than 10 minutes with me over the last two years has probably at some time or another had to hear me ramble on about saving up to buy a truck someday. Well, as it turned out, the end of May was that time.

If you are like most people you probably dread the thought of dealing with car salesmen. Yes, it is very stressful! I have purchased the last three of my four cars from dealers and can guiltlessly report that so far every single person at every dealership I have spoken with is a LIAR! They lie through their teeth while staring you straight in the eye. Granted, they are sly and come across as the nicest liars you will meet, but they all have one agenda...getting as much money out of your pocket from you as humanly possible while using their Jedi mind tricks to force you into believing you are happy and are getting a good deal. If my personal experience is not representative, then I apologize right now to the 0.01% of honest dealers out there.

As for me, I like to get the best deal on my purchase as possible. That is why I HIGHLY RECOMMEND CarBuyingTips.com. Jeff Ostroff I'm sure makes decent money from advertising on this website since it is so popular and has such a high volume of web traffic, but the information he provides here is real and it is free. I have never met, spoken to, or even emailed the guy, but his website has saved me thousands of dollars on my car purchases, literally! DO NOT BUY A CAR WITHOUT READING THIS WEBSITE...ALL OF IT, unless you like giving away your money, in which case I will be glad to negotiate your car deal for you and split the difference with you on how much you will save.

Anyway, back to what I was saying...please just ignore the season pass sticker to the lake in the windshield, or the "I'd rather be waterskiing" license plate frame, or the fact that it looks really lonely without a ski boat in tow. One thing at a time. My new "Baby Truck" is lookin' pretty good tucked neatly and safely in my garage protected from the elements of the outdoors. Good thing I got 4WD! Someday I'll take it out and drive it, but not this week. I like how it looks in my garage for now. Afterall, I'm going to be driving it for the next 20 years. A few more days won't hurt.

1 comment:

kira said...

Oh that is one beautiful lookin' truck! Are you going to name it or is that just a Ryan thing??? Congratulations! And you're right ... I was the receptionist at the dealership and they will say whatever they think will make the deal. No matter what.