Monday, November 3, 2008

Playing Catch Up

OK so I said that a lot of interesting things have been happening lately so I thought I'd fill you in on what I meant:
Karter is our rowdy little guy who's a laugh a minute. He's regularly covered in ketchup, running half naked in front of our company, dancing while he tells stories, or just plain flat superman jumping from furniture and scaring the life out of mom. On a daily basis we have to check with him to see what animal he is today. A few days ago he decided he's a pirate and below is the video we got of that. In the first part we were at the Shark Reef and he all of a sudden started dancing! He is the funniest little guy ever!

Sagera is really growing and this past week she was super excited to loose her first tooth. She's so funny! She asks me almost every day if she looks funny. Silly girl. I keep telling her that's how most kids her age look because they're loosing their teeth too. She also got a new hair cut this week. We cut her hair off so it didn't look so whispy. Again, she thought she looked funny so she wouldn't let me take a picture. Of course that all changed when Daddy came home and told her she looks awesome! Now she wears that cut with style. It's amazing how much daddy's opinion matters. But still no picture for mom.


Kaleb just turned 9 in October and is an amazing little boy. He's got an unbelievably creative mind. He can build the most amazing things out of Legos, K-nex or his Erector set. He's doing fabulously in his new school and for the first time ever he comes home telling me that school is hard! All I can say is, "Say it again!" That's music to my ears. We had to move him to a private school to hear those words. He's currently learning all 50 states and their capitals. Of course he's been quizzing me and I don't have an answer for him. Do you know how long it's been since I studied US Geography. I don't remember these things and I have no problem saying, I am not smarter than a 3rd grader.

Kalvan is the busiest man of all. He works full-time for the city, does consulting work on the side, teaches at UNLV, and is working on his MBA. Sometimes I start to wonder if I remember what he looks like. The most common time I see him is first thing in the morning as he's running out the door or when it's time for bed and he's just getting home. Either way my eyes are blurry and pictures are my best source of memory. Not really, but some days it feels like that.

As for me, I'm keeping quite busy. Besides cleaning up Karters ketchup finger painting, being the family taxi, housekeeper, accountant, and all around go to girl, I started a Lia Sophia business. It's a direct sales company who offers fashion jewelry. You're welcome to check out my website at http://www.liasophia.com/miki. I've been doing this for only a few months, but it's been good. I'm also a part-time teachers aide at American Heritage Academy where my kids go to school. I really enjoy being in the classrooms and helping out where I'm needed. If anyone is interested there's going to be a Plimoth Plantation production on November 20th at 7pm at the school that all the kids are participating in.

Life is such a fabulous thing. No other career in life offers more diversity in daily work than being a mom. Sure there are the monotonous things like laundy, housekeeping and bill paying. But how often do you see a 3 year old imitating a dinosaur and licking everyone in sight. The paintings, projects and productions are priceless!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, Karter is a busy man. Go Karter man. We are all very excited to see you in a few weeks!!!! The kids especially.

wilfordfamily2003 said...

That is so cute of Karter. I love your blog. It is beautiful. So fun!
Thanks again for all you do. You are a super woman!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lady! Love the video.

Anonymous said...

Hey it is Alexis!!!

I found your blog link on my family's blog and so I went!!! I love your blog!!!